Your Dog’s Senior Profile
Often, our older population has hidden disease that can be helped if detected early. We recommend a senior profile. The senior profile includes lab work and x-rays to give our doctors a more complete picture of your friend’s condition. These tests are packaged in an affordable discounted bundle of services. Whether your old dog or cat has been with you for just a few years, or their entire life, if you feel their health is declining we can take steps to make their waning years more healthful and productive.
What is a Senior Profile?
- Comprehensive physical exam
- Arthritis exam
- Chemistry profile, checking for kidney, liver, cancer, diabetes and other diseases
- CBC – complete blood count to look for hidden infections, cancer, and anemia
- T4 – Thyroid test – Our aging dogs have a higher incidence of low thyroid hormone. Our cats have too high of levels.
- Chest X-ray – We are looking for lung disease and heart problems, also cancer.