4/2/20 Update: In compliance with the extended “Stay at Home” order announced today, our lodging, daycare, and grooming services will remain suspended until May 1st. This change does not impact our medical services – we will remain ready to assist you with any medical needs your pets face during this crisis.
**Please visit our dedicated COVID-19 page for important information regarding procedure and policy changes affecting lodging, daycare, and grooming visits**
– – –
Lodging at Tipp City Veterinary Hospital
Lodging at Tipp City Veterinary Hospital is open to many different kinds of animals, not just those with fur! We offer canine and feline lodging as well as avian and exotics lodging. We invite you to drop by and see us at any time for a tour of our facility, no need to call ahead of time or schedule an appointment. Or, feel free to visit us before your scheduled lodging date to get acquainted with our staff. We can’t wait to meet you!
First Time Lodging
First time lodging your pet? Here are a few tips to help make their stay with us a little easier:
- Come in for a visit prior to your lodging drop-off date so your pet can become more familiar with our facility. You may even want to consider bringing your pet in for an overnight stay before your extended trip to help them become more acclimated and to help reduce separation anxiety.
- Please make sure your pet is on a leash or in a carrier when you enter our lobby. This ensures the safety and protection of your pet as well as the pets of our other clients (we provide leashes, free of charge, should you need one).
- Try not to overfeed your pet before arrival. Excess food consumption could cause an upset stomach or diarrhea, which means more stress on both you and your pet at drop-off.
- We encourage you to bring a favorite toy or blanket to help ease any nerves your pet may have about leaving you. Having familiar objects or scents around may make them feel more at home.
- Make sure to bring any medications your pet is currently taking. Our medical staff is available to administer medications should your pet need them. An exam and vaccines may also be administered if your pet is due.
- Help your pet have an easier transition to our facility by staying positive and upbeat at drop-off (we know, it’s hard)! Research has shown that some animals may be able to read into human emotions, so try to avoid an emotional goodbye and instead help set the tone for a fun and exciting stay!
Our knowledgeable and friendly lodging team can’t wait to meet and spend time with your furry family members! Contact us today for more information about lodging at Tipp City Veterinary Hospital, or take a virtual tour of our facility ahead of time.