If you suspect that your pet may have ingested a toxic substance, call us right away at (937) 818-4099. If it is outside of our normal office hours, contact the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435. The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and offers consultations and other emergency services.
Common household pet toxins include:
- Xylitol (found in gum, candy, and toothpaste)
- Garlic Onions, Chives
- Grapes, Raisins
- Bleach, other household cleaning liquids
- Human medications
- Some household plants
If you believe your pet has ingested something potentially poisonous, seek help right away.